Just $19 and You'll Receive the Hard Copy Executive Summary and Online Access to This Workshop in Multiple Formats!
Air Date: February 20, 2014
Presenter: Penny Phillips, J.D.
Program Length: 95 minutes
Increases in DOL enforcement actions along with pending rule changes make careful attention to the Fair Labor Standards Act a must for auto dealerships & auto groups.
Every dealership manager needs a refresher on wage and hour regulations….EVERY MANAGER! The penalties for not knowing are just too steep!
Penny Phillips is an experienced labor attorney and often hears wrong-headed ideas about the FLSA and these misconceptions have the potential to cost the dealership a bundle.
Learn where the lines are that cannot be crossed.
You Will Learn:
- What is different under the current administration and why
- About "discretion & independent judgment" and how to get it right
- How to classify employees correctly
- How to draft, use and then manage job descriptions with confidence
- How to determine who is supervising whom
- How to handle multiple responsibility and supervision issues
- The effect of the increased salary level test on the status of part-timers
- How auto dealers have (or have not) been responding to the new regs