Become a VIP Member and Receive Access to This Recording - Reserved for Members Only.
Visit https://vip.dealersedge.com/ For More Information
Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 1pm Eastern/ Noon Central/ 11am Mountain/ 10am Pacific
Featuring: Terri Harris from Dixon Hughes Goodman
Program Length: 60 Minutes
As with everything involving U.S. tax law… The Devil is in the Details
For 15 years Terri Harris led the IRS’ Motor Vehicle Industry Program as the Industry Specialist. She was seen as the IRS’ authority on auto dealership tax issues.
Dealing with and complying with regulations centered on Form 8300, may seem like an old subject, but seldom is full compliance a simple thing. Terri joins us with a frank discussion of For 8300 and the absolute requirements that dealerships need to be aware and reminded of.
You will learn:
- The definition of “cash” and what transactions must be reported
- If the customer must be notified that a Form 8300 was filed
- How to respond if the customer refuses to provide proper identification
- What records must you maintain and for how long
- How to insure your dealership’s compliance
- How to find additional information and guidance